My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's my life I move where I want!!!!


For the past few months I have sooo not been feeling Maryland. I have done an excellent job in making Maryland my home for the past few years but its about that time. Not only do I feel like I am going to suffocate here, I feel like some of the friendships I've had are sucking the life out of me. I have found a church, friends, a good job, a great gym and plenty of other wonderful things here, but its not enough. So instead of sitting in misery and complaining I am on the hunt. In the next 200 days I will find the perfect place to move to. In the upcoming days I will do a thorough research of cities I would be interested in. I will know the demographics, the cost of living, things to do and I will make my move:

The places I am currently considering thus far are:

-Chicago
-Charlotte
-Atlanta

If you have lived/live in a CITY that you think would be a great place to live please shed some insight.

I am so excited the count down starts.............NOW!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I don’t live in Charlotte, but I live about 2 hours away in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill area. Charlotte is the largest city on the east coast between the DMV area and Atlanta. They have a whole young black professional scene, but not as big as the ATL. As far as the cost of living, I know it’s higher than where I’m at now, but not as much as the DMV or ATL. There are a lot of sports teams, the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Bobcats, Charlotte Sting, and NASCAR. There’s definitely an ‘affluent society’ part of Charlotte, so if you’re into the finer things in life, they won’t be hard to find. There was a time when crime in the city was really bad, but it’s since be curbed and is not as bad. I’m not sure what industry you’re in but Charlotte is the biggest banking and finance city outside of New York.

    Sorry I can’t give you specifics of the city but hopefully my little info has helped! Let me know if you have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the tips Birdie very helpful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comment**