Sunday, July 8, 2012
- EVERYTHING is for sale. There is absolutely nothing you cannot buy in NY. If New York does not have it then it does not exist lol.
- THE CITY NEVER SLEEPS- there is always something to do at any given time. Parties, beaches, lounges, restaurants, boutiques, bookstores, bars, parks, theatres, coffee shops, pool halls, free concerts, museum parties, tea lounges etc. You are only bored in NY if you choose to be, because the options are endless.
- ITS THE BEST PLACE FOR FASHION- If you are like me and love to have new looks but need ideas, you can always find them in New York. Whether its 5th ave, the Village or Harlem etc, everyone makes a statement in how they dress; and, on any given day you will see some of the best and worst displays of fashion.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION- The subway runs 24 hrs, and the trains are always filled with people coming and going. Yellow taxies also run all night as well as buses. I love the fact that you can get around at any hour without actually NEEDING a car.
- THE STREETS WILL MAKE OR BREAK YOU. New York will toughen you up, make you street smart, yet still leave you with a little bit of a heart. The cab drivers are crazy, there are homeless people every where but the truth is, if you pay attention and learn quickly you will never ever be a sucker in life.
- IT NEVER GETS BORING- There is always something new. No matter how long you have lived in New York there is always a new sight to see or a new place to go. A new restaurant, a new stadium, a new island, a new park, there is always something that you have not seen yet.
- OPPORTUNITIES ARE ENDLESS- If you desire to be a singer, a actor, a rapper, a artist, a musician, a writer, a entrepreneur, a designer etc, New York is the place to be. I can't explain WHY but I can tell you that New York is where dreams are made.
- BROADWAY- Whether its a play, a musical, the ballet, the symphony or he Rockettes, the shows on Broadway cannot be beat! Even if you can find the same show playing at your local theater, New York gives it a different touch of elegance. Celebrities show up, red carpets are laid and who knows, depending on the show it is possible the First Lady could very well be in attendance.
- THE BROWNSTONES AND LOFTS- To sum it up simply, think of Carrie's Bradshaw's brownstone with the beautiful hardwood floors ,and double door bathroom on that quaint little street. Now think of the upscale, luxurious, fabulous lofts you have seen on shows like Gossip Girl. The brownstones and lofts in New York are amazing.
- ITS LIKE ONE BIG PARTY- No matter what you do its fun! Solo or with a group, even if you are simply laughing at a crazy person, New York is a party within itself. Everything is an event to remember and the air is just filled with spontaneity, excitement and opportunity. The party never stops.
For my New York natives and re-locators, what are some of the things you love about New York?
Posted by BK Vixen Gone MD at 11:08 PM
Sunday, July 1, 2012
What are blue collar tendencies you ask? Ok, I will tell you, just keep in mind this is my blog my opinions
-Inability to plan, dates/dinners everything is last minute preferenced by "I'm spontaneous".-Inability to dress appropriately for the occasion. Dinner date includes me dressed up in an after work outfit and him in jeans, a shirt, and sneakers even though it is a Thursday at 5:30.
-Inability to be assertive in everyday life usually taking the more laid back approach, thus making me make all the decisions.
So what are white collar tendencies, I am sure you are wondering. Well white collar tendencies usually include a man who will always be dressed correctly for a date, he will always have a plan and we will usually have a pretty decent allowance for dinner. The drawback, is that white collar men can sometimes be playboys, workaholics and sometimes just too arrogant/self absorb.
Nonetheless, for the purpose of this blog I want to explore the psyche of the blue collar man. Their good traits usually include: humbleness, kind heartedness, and hardworking. However, despite these good traits for me I have always found it somewhat challenging, to date a blue collar man. The saying fail to plan means you plan to fail was very prevalent in my house growing up. So at a early age my mom has always taught us to plan. Even if I do not have a solid plan out loud I have one strategized in my head. These days when it’s time to go out, it is not a foreign thought that the guy will leave the date for the night up to me. The place, the activity, the time, everything. Which leaves me to wonder what happened to the days when men were go getters and had a plan in mind and all us ladies had to do was look pretty and be ready?
Posted by BK Vixen Gone MD at 9:58 PM