My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Monday, April 26, 2010

When I Grow Up

A good friend of mine posed the following question on Facebook, "The Difference Between A Goal and a Dream is one is "A" Wish the Other has "A" Deadline (Game plan) attached too it" Which one do you have, are you still wishing?" That phrase has been ringing in my head since I read it.

We all have things we want to accomplish in life. We all are victims of our own lists which dictates where we should be career wise, financially and romantically at this moment in life. While some things we can't control, like when we will get married or start a family. The direction of our life is within our very own reach.

God give us the talent to reach our full potential and purpose however, it is up to us to apply ourselves and utilize the gift we have been blessed with. There will be times we will succeed in our endeavors and overtimes we will fail. But failure cannot deters one from his or her dreams. Winston Churchill once said that " success is nothing more than moving from failure to failure with undiminished enthusiasm." That quote has become my theme statement and has allowed me to identify understand that persistence makes a dream a goal, and determination makes that goal a reality.

We all have used the phrase "When I grow up I want to be......" Are you what you always wanted to be? Have you watched your life from the passenger seat "wishing" things can be different but not doing anything about it. I know I am guilty as charged. I have watched and wished and dreamed but it is now that I am inspired to live and do. What I have learned is that a goal is really just a wish unless you define it, put a deadline on it and roll up your sleeves and start working towards it. The first attempt may not work, the second attempt may be worst than the first, but as long as I continue to try with undiminished enthusiasm.....the world is MY oyster.

Starting today I will no longer say "When I was growing up I wanted to be....." today I will say "I'm grown up, and this is what I'm going to be...and here is what I am going to do to get there and how!!! Make today the day that you say the same.

Love and Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comment**