My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Oprah Goes to New York


On May 7- 9th Oprah will be celebrating the 10 year anniversary of O magazine. With a 3 day celebration planned, Oprah is doing it up in a big way. The scheduled events are as follows:

-Friday Welcome Reception at Gotham Hall
1356 Broadway at 36th Street - 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.

-Saturday LifeShops at Jacob Javits Convention Center
Event entrance on 11th Avenue between 35th and 36th Street
Doors Open at 8am; Event begins at 9:30 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.

-Saturday Evening Oprah Winfrey at Radio City Music Hall
1260 Avenue of the Americas - 8:00-10:00 p.m.

-Sunday Live Your Best Life Walk
The walk will begin on the scenic Hudson River, at Pier 94, and will culminate in the heart of New York City, at Times Square. The walk starts at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 11:30 a.m

Since NY is just a hop and skip away not to mention my hometown, I will be making my way up north to attend one of these events. The event that stands out to me the most is the Live Your Best Life Walk. My mom and I have decided to do the walk together since it falls on Mother Day's. The walk supports 10 of Oprah's preselected charities. With the beautiful scenery of the Hudson River followed by the bright lights and busy streets of Times Square this walk will prove to be exciting.

Oprah will be doing the walk as well.

For more information regarding the events or to donate to one of Oprah's charities go to:
http://www.oprah.com/omagazine/Oprahs-Live-Your-Best-Life-Weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comment**