My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Weekend Review


I know I am late in letting you guys in on my weekend but lets face it I have been swamped. Friday night was our monthly book club meeting where we discussed a great book by Pearl Cleage, "What Looks Like Crazy on An Ordinary Day." It's always refreshing to meet up with the girls for intelligent discussion and girl talk. Saturday morning, I drove up to New York and I swear my new EZ Pass shaved 20 minutes off of the drive. I drove to NY with the windows down, music blasting and a smile on my face from ear to ear. Just being back in Brooklyn with the beautiful weather brought back tons of memories. As you already know I ran the race on Sunday, and afterwards my family and I went to Grand Central Station for lunch and cheesecake from the infamous Junior's. We then went back home did my laundry, ate a home cooked meal and I enjoyed the remainder of my time with my family. Before I knew it, it was time for me to head back to MD. Summer in NY City is unforgettable. Who knows maybe one day I'll be able to enjoy it for more than just a weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Going home to BK is always refreshing; and the summers are unforgettable. When it is time to depart the only thing I dread is the drive back to MD.

    I totally understand the feeling that weekend trips are too short. I am up in the air if MD will be my final destination or will I return to the Big Apple. Time will definitely tell.

    In the meantime...I will continue to enjoy my weekend trips.

    Lanette

    PS- I have to admit that I have never been a fan of Junior's cheese cake. Junior's was never a big attractor for me as a child growing up or even as an adult. Albee Square Mall or Metro Tech (as it is called these days...I think) was my hang out. LOL.

    Kings Plaza - you gotta love Brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comment**