My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mr. Officer, Mr. Officer

My 4th of July was great, almost perfect. I went to a family cookout and saw cousins I have not seen in years. We ate, reminisced, socialized and just chilled. After eating more than I probably should have I went home and awaited the plans for the night. Around 9:30, I decided to head out and go visit my line sister who was only in town for the weekend. It was a 40 minute hike but hey Hyde is well worth it.

When I arrived I was welcomed by a huge family with food galore and jokes for days. For the next 2 hours I can honestly say all I did was eat and laugh and I mean tears in your eyes, your belly's hurting kind of laughing. Around 1am, I decided it was time for me to go home. As I drove home with a feeling of satisfaction reflecting on how fun my 4th was this year, just as I was about to say it was puuurrrfect "woop woop" the sirens went off and I realized I was being pulled over.

Initially, I was a little annoyed but I had my seat belt on, I wasn't speeding so I really was not worried about why I was being pulled over. Mr. Officer, informed me that he was pulling me over because my tints were a violation. Now in my head I said to myself "why does any of this matter if I wasn't speeding or running a red light or committing a major crime" but I digress.

Mr. Officer, proceeded to do the tint check which was followed by him requesting my license and registration so he could issue me a ticket. My mindset at the time was "Its 2am, give me the darn ticket and let me go home!" Twenty minutes later, I was livid. I have always wondered what takes them so long to write a ticket! I decided to update my FB status in a attempt to calm me down and here comes Mr. Officer knocking on my window. He went into this long soliloquy about the tickets he was giving me and the reasoning behind it. That's when I realized......he said "TICKETS". Mr. Officer, was kind enough to give me 3 tickets and 10 days to remove the tints from my windows. I could not believe it.

If you know me, you know by now we have a serious problem but what could I really say? That this was BS and ask him "WTF??" of course I couldn't say that so instead, I mentally checked out of the conversation. Mr. Officer, realized I wasn't listening, had me sign for the 3 tickets and 10 day deadline and proceeded to walk away. .

Mr. Officer, stopped and said "Can I ask why the attitude?" OMG, he really asked me that. That was like lighting a flame to a match. I immediately opened my mouth to respond and then I stopped. I took a deep breath and said the following: "No disrespect, but I think it is crazy that you are giving me 3 tickets. I just got off of 495 and there are people doing 95mph. There are people being robbed and murdered and little girls being rapped and instead of you fighting the real crimes you pull me over when I am not speeding, not driving drunk, I have my set belt on and all I am trying to do at 2:00am is go home. You pull harmless me over and slapped me with not 1, not 2 but 3 tickets! That is why the attitude." In that single moment one huge tear rolled down my face.

My speech left my mouth opened, even I couldn't believe it. Of course it was too late for Mr. Officer to do anything about the tickets he had already issued me, but I know he knew I had a valid point. Mr. Officer proceeded to tell me that he is a "traffic officer" and his job is to ensure traffic safety which is why he issued me the tickets. He then attempted to make it seem like he gave me a heads up on how to fight the tickets; but, the fact still remains that I have 10 days to remove my tints and it will probably require 1 full day off from work to resolve this silliness.

I am not sure why I let Mr. Officer know why I was mad, nor am I sure why he even asked. I didn't yell but lets just say he never had to say "I can't hear you ma'am". I don't suggest nor encourage anyone to do what I did, and I admit I am lucky it didn't turn out worse then it did. I will say this though, I know without a shadow of a doubt Mr. Officer will never forget how valid my argument was, I saw it in his face! Its kind of sad that in the 35 minutes in total I was detained, I wonder how many real crimes were going unnoticed.

Nonetheless, I will not let this kill my joy. If anyone knows how much it costs to remove tints please let me know. I do not know how I am going to break it to "Ally" as to why she is getting downgraded, (she looked so HOT too) but I must do what I must do.

What a crazy world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear your comment**