My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Monday, July 19, 2010

The Problem With What If"s



What if you got the promotion you wanted and was demoted 3 months later because you never perfected the skills needed for your new position?

What if you got the 4 bedroom Cul-de-sac you dream of but it was foreclosed in less than a year because you brought the house before you fully learned how to budget your money?

What if you lost the weight you wanted but then gained twice as much back because you didn't learn the proper way to keep the weight off?

What if you got the 2010 5 Series you wanted and started show boating all around town, only for it to be stolen because you never learned how to be humble?

What if you got the baby you been praying for only to find out later you actually rather be selfish and free just for a little while longer?

What if you finally married the man/woman you been longing for only to find out your future will now be filled with heartache and grief because they weren't the one?

What if God gave you all your hearts desires only to snatch it all away because you never learned to be grateful and appreciate what you initiall had?

What if God finally revealed your calling and purpose but then had to use someone else because you never learned how to have a continuously willing spirit?

God moves at his own time. Be patient and wait on him because he just might be waiting on you!*

Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me: for You are the God of my salvation; on You do I wait all day."

1 comment:

Would love to hear your comment**