My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Angela S. Naked for PETA

I am a little late with this but I felt compelled to blog about this.

Run's House has always portrayed the Simmons family in a very virtuous "religiously correct" light. No cursing, no real drama, no scandal, just a wholesome nuclear family who has always stayed within the realms some form of innocence. It came to great surprise to me when I saw Angela Simmons pose nude for PETA. The photos were tastefully done with class and grace yet I could not shake the feeling of shock that I had in seeing them. If you follow the Simmons girls they are never cladly dressed, if photoed in a bikini there is usually a matching sarong. The obvious consistent theme has always been trendy yet classy.

It is this same theme that has made Angela Simmon's posing nude for PETA a bit ironic to me. While Angela undeniably looks simply gorgeous in all the photos I have never understood the logic behind celebrities posing nude for PETA. During the shoot Angela was quoted saying "I really want people to know what happens to animals … Animals have feelings, and I think it's important we take action."

Celebrities have been posing nude for PETA for quite some time, Eva Menedez, Taraji Henderson, Holly Madison, Ochocinco, Nia Long, and Chloe Kardashian Odom, Paris Hilton to name a few. In comparison Angela Simmons photos has a different air of class however I am still shocked to see it.

At the end of the day we all make our own decisions about the statements we choose and choose not to make. What are your thoughts?

5 comments:

  1. The whole posing nude for PETA thing baffles me. Is Angela Simmons a vegetarian as well? Or, rather, is she vegan? There are many ways to make a statement against fur coats without going this route. *shrug*

    I wonder if it was just an excuse for her to get naked without judgment/scrutiny since she's the Rev's daughter. lol. Kidding (kinda).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yakini the naked PETA concept has totally went over my head as well Smh lol. Vegan anti fur...Idk like I said there are so many ways people can make a statement it doesn't necessarily have to be this way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right! Cuz even if you look at that ad its like... um, why does it have to be so sexy? Between her pose, the apple, the sexy "Eve" ivy leaves, and the sultry/pouty expression on her face it's just way too sexual to be JUST for PETA. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great topic! I'm a vegetarian so I think I have a different perspective. PETA does these campaigns for the shock value. Since we noticed the ad and are discussing it, they succeeded. Wether or not they actually get people thinking about their own dietary choices, I can't say.
    Sarah @ made in usa challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, thank you so much for your comment, you expressed a fresh prespective. You are right, The AD does indeed have us talking so PETA has succeeded to an extent. I think it would have been great if they could have elaborated on the theme a little more this way those with a different dietary choice might have something to think about. "Eating meat is a sin, go vegetarian" just doesn't make me want to reconsider. Thanks again for the great comment.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comment**