My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Waiting for God's Debut


I went to bible study a few weeks ago and the sermon was about getting God's attention. The pastor went through several examples in the bible where people like Elijah, Solomon and Jacob to name a few, did extraordinary things to get God's attention. We all know that God is an all knowing God and that even when it seems like he is not there he is always with us; however, sometimes God allows us to go through a period of silence. It is during this period that it can seem like God does not hear us or remember us because he is simply being quiet. According to the bible during times like these Elijah, Solomon and Jacob knew how to get God's attention. These men made monumental sacrifices to God to get him to respond and he did. The bible says that Solomon sacrificed so many sheep and oxen unto the Lord that it could not be counted. Solomon made this grand sacrifice because he needed to get God's attention.

In our day and time, while we simply cannot offer up multitudes of dead sheep before God yet, we still need to get God's attention in the same way Elijah, Solomon and Jacob was able to. This particular bible study session laid pretty heavy on my heart because I am going through one of the toughest seasons I have ever gone through. I know god is near but I need him HERE. I thought of sacrifices to get God's attention but I struggle trying to find the right thing that will show just how desperately I need God to show up. Do I doubt that he hears me? Nope! Do I doubt that he loves and cares for me? Never. I know that he does. I know there is a reason for everything and in the midst of madness there is purpose.

I once heard a saying that when God feels the furthest from you is when you need to draw the closest to him and I believe that saying is true. I have no intentions of giving up or letting my trials get the best of me, in fact I am more determined than ever to get God's attention, and by praying and focusing on him I will. I know he will never leave me nor forsake me, I just need him to show up and make his debut.

Do YOU know how to get God's attention?

1 comment:

  1. "I once heard a saying that when God feels the furthest from you is when you need to draw the closest to him and I believe that saying is true."

    Whew, I love that!

    I just remain prayerful and try to remember (though sometimes its SO hard) that he wouldn't put anything on me that he knows I can't handle.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comment**