My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My Lil Doggie

So my quest for the perfect dog continues. I have always always wanted a dog but before I moved to NC my MD complex did not allow pets. Well those days are over and for the past 2 months I have been on the search for the perfect dog. Bentley will be the newest addition to my life and I cannot wait to find him. I never knew that purchasing a dog could be such an emotional and frustrating experience.

A few months ago I went to the pet store just to get a feel for the type of dog I would like and I fell in love with the cutest Poo-Chin I have ever seen. I was allowed to take the dog into a play room to get acquainted with him and instantly we connected. Not only was he adorable but he was laid back real chill and easy to love. I knew this was my dog but for the price they was asking for him I had to be sure I was really ready to do this. I said good bye to the dog and as I walked out the shop I immediately missed my furry little friend.

The next morning I decided that was my doggie and I skipped lunch to go put a deposit down, or so I thought. I went in the shop and the guy who helped me the day before immediately avoided eye contact with me. I went to the spot Bentley was before and when I saw he wasn't there I assumed maybe he was in the back being fed. The guy finally came over to me and I said "Is my Bentley in the back?" he smiled briefly and then the smile disappeared and he said "no". Unconsciously I remained completely aloof to the news I was about to hear as I asked the guy if Bentley was in the play room. When he said no I playfully brushed him off and said "yes he is" and I headed to the play room to see for myself. Needless to say, Bentley wasn't there. The guy told me someone had brought him a few hours ago. As if I was still a toddler the biggest tear immediately rolled down my left cheek.

Since then just like with dating I now hold my feelings back when I go doggie shopping. I will know at the right time I find the right dog and I can't wait.

The pictures above is the dog I fell in love with and the dog below is one I was considering but decided against.

Stay tuned as my search continues....

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I can't believe someone bought him just that quickly. That makes me sad. :(
    Probably a good idea though, as you stated, to check your feelings until you know for sure he/she will be yours.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comment**