My Theory

"Forget what you heard, recognize what you see. I know you heard the rumors...now here's the real me." XoXo

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Closet Case


The other day I read a very interesting article about a newly married wife who use to seek solace in her.....closet. Whenever her and her husband disagreed to the extent that it would lead to an argument she would disappear and go into her secret hiding place to regroup. While the main focus of the article was not about closets, the closet concept fully intrigued me because for anyone who knows me really well, they know I spend alot of time in my closet.

A closet can mean different things to different people. To me it is a place of solitude and a place of privacy. My closet has been my refuge for thunderstorms, for broken hearts, for first time conversations with new crushes, for girl talk, for desperate pleas to God, for meditation, for hope, for timeouts from company that just wouldn't get the hint and of course for clothing storage.

Decorated and organized as if it was a room itself I must say my closet can be a relaxing place for anyone. Its a place where fabulous shoes are stored, fancy purses are housed and clothes and unique accessories are hung. Softly lit, adorned with pictures, a chair and small trinkets, to put it simply,my closet is fashion heaven for me. There is peace there on every level.

It is a temple of peace not because of the clothes and the fancy things but because of the feeling of serenity that is there. To some this may all sound cliche because not only do I live by myself and shouldn't need to hide, but also because I am claustrophobic. Ironic as it is, its true, my closet is my hiding place, its where I am safe and where I pick myself up and rebuild my foundation.

This year I will not only invest in the clothes I put in my closet but I will continue to invest in my closet itself. A closet can never be too organized and it can never be too cozy.

What does your closet mean to you?

3 comments:

  1. Sadly, my closet is very small and quite cramped with things - daggone NYC apartments. Hahaha! I look forward to the day that we MOVE into a nice, spacious house and I can have a large, walk-in closet like those pictured! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! My closet is very, very tiny so I put most of my clothes in the drawers. I really wish I have some decent-sized closet one day; the one I can find myself looking forward to spend my time! xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to have found your web page. My pal mentioned it to me before, yet never got around to checking it out until now. I must express, I'm floored. I really enjoyed reading through your posts and will absolutely be back to get more.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your comment**